Wednesday 5 October 2011

City of Bones Book Review










Title: City of Bones
Series: The Mortal Intruments #1
Author: Cassandra Clare
Cover Rating: B+
Book Rating: A-


Synopsis:
Sorry guys! 
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2261214.City_of_Bones


Mary's POV:


Wow, well I don't know where to start. This book was a shock. It had great, creative, thrilling world and great mythology and creatures. I admire the crativity behind this story! I loved the descriptions Clare makes, it paints a picture in your mind, and how she introduces new characters, specially secondary ones. The primary ones, Clary and Jace were different from the rest od the books but a bit stereotypical. Still, they were great. Although the crush-mess between characters almost made it to a love triangle, it had no triangle! Thanks Clare! :) The supernatural characters and the POV of the author are original and creative. They really broke the monotony of other YA novels! Loved that!


The ending  left me totally speechless and starving for more books! It has been one of the greatest endings but at the same time it was a broken-hearted/omg/no-way ending. In such a few pages, the author did so many twists (and very well written) that left me in shock for a couple of hours.
I think the only con in a seas of pros is that I expected Valentine to be evil-er...he wasn't the bad-ass, scary, creepy bad guy I thought he would be. That dissapointed me a bit.


Conclusion:  This was a refreshing read different from other YA books. It has a balance of action, suspense and romance . I would recommend it to any YA lover looking for sth new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment